Trademark Registration Services
Trademark Registration in UAE
Welcome to our trademark registration service page for the UAE. We offer comprehensive trademark registration services to help protect your brand and business identity in the UAE.
Our team of legal experts will guide you through the process and ensure your trademark application is handled efficiently and effectively!
Why Register Your Business Trademark in UAE?
Trademark registration also adds value to your business and provides a competitive advantage, as it enhances your brand recognition and distinguishes your products or services from those of your competitors.
Our Trademark Registration Services
1. Trademark Search
2. Trademark Application
3. Trademark Examination
Once your application is filed, we will handle all communications with the trademark office and respond to any objections or requests for clarification to ensure a smooth examination process.
4. Trademark Registration
5. Trademark Renewal
Required Documents for Trademark Registration
Are you ready to register your trademark in the UAE? Then here, Emirates Business Setup gives you a list of documents that are required for your trademark registration.
- Power of Attorney
- Trademark Application
- Proof of Trademark Use
- Company Trade License
If you are registering a trademark for a company, you will need to provide a copy of the company trade license.
- Passport Copy
What is Trademark?
- brand names
- product designs
Trademark rights are typically granted by the government and provide the owner with the exclusive right to use the trademark in connection with their goods or services. This allows the owner to prevent others from using a similar or identical mark that may cause confusion among consumers.
Who Can Register a Trademark in the UAE
However, to register a business trademark, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Legally recognized entity
- Genuine use of the trademark
Trademark Registration Process
Give us all your trademark details.
We will file your trademark registration application, and you must wait up to 90 days.
Get your trademark registration certification upon process completion
- Go to the Ministry of Economy (MOE) and choose the trademark registration service.
- Fill in the application details and attach the required documents.
- Pay the application fee of AED 750 (electronic payment).
- The Ministry of Economy (MOE) will review your application and notify you of the decision within 90 days.
- If your application is accepted, you must pay AED 750 for the trademark publication fees.
- If you fail to pay AED 750, then an AED 100 fine with a maximum of AED 1000
- The accepted trademarks will be published in the Official Trademark Bulletin, and interested parties have 30 days to file an objection.
- If no objection is filed, you must pay the final registration fee of AED 5,000 within 30 days from the end of the objection period.
- If you also fail to pay the final registration fee on time, a fine of AED 1,000 will be imposed or a maximum of 10,000 annually, and the full part of the month will be calculated.
That’s it! Keep in mind that the trademark registration process usually takes around 6-8 months to complete, and fines may be imposed for delays in payment.
How Much Does a Trademark Cost to Register in UAE?
Validity of Business Trademark in UAE
The validity of your trademark registration will last 10 years. Before it gets expires you can then again apply for the renewal. The renewal of your business trademark will be done by paying fees. Also, UAE trademarks are protected only in the country and within its seven Emirates and not outside the country.
Benefits of Trademark Registration
A trademark provides many benefits for registering a business in the UAE, including exclusive rights, protection, brand recognition, asset value, international protection, and business advantage.
Other noticeable benefits of trademark registration in the UAE including:
- Trademark registration in the UAE provides the owner with exclusive rights to use the trademark in connection with their goods or services and prevents others from using a similar or identical mark that may cause confusion among consumers.
- It provides legal protection against infringement, counterfeiting, and other unauthorized use of the trademark. The trademark owner can take legal action against any infringers and seek damages for any losses incurred.
- A registered trademark in the UAE can help to build brand recognition and loyalty among consumers, as it distinguishes a company’s products or services from those of its competitors.
- It can be a valuable asset for a business, as it can be licensed or sold to generate revenue.
- Trademark registration in the UAE provides protection and can also be used as a basis for registration in other countries under international treaties.
- It can provide a competitive advantage for businesses, as it demonstrates to customers and investors that the business is established and serious about protecting its intellectual property rights.
If you’re looking to register a trademark in the UAE, you should be prepared to pay between AED 8,500 and AED 18,000. It’s important to note that there may be additional expenses involved, such as fees for translations and legal assistance. Additionally, trademark owners may need to pay for the publication of their trademark in two local newspapers.
- A trademark logo
- Copy of your commercial license
- Power of attorney
- Priority document
- Copy of your passport and other attachments as necessary.
Ensuring that all the necessary documents are accurate to help facilitate a smooth registration process.
If you’re interested in registering a trademark in the UAE, it’s important to note that the process typically takes 6 to 8 months to complete.
It’s also worth noting that registering a trademark in the UAE covers all seven Emirates, including Abu-Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al-Khaimah, Ajman, Fujairah, and Umm Al-Quwain. It is only possible to choose to register your trademark in one of these Emirates, as the registration process is applied uniformly throughout the UAE.